Commonwealth Home Support Program

Home Visit Consultation and Memory Exercise with resident

NWRH is a registered provider of services under the My Aged Care Commonwealth Home Support Program.

If you are an older person aged 65 years or over (or 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) who can mostly – but not completely – manage independently in your own home and don’t yet need higher levels of support at home you may be eligible for this support.

As well as helping you, the Commonwealth Home Support Program can help your carer. If your carer needs to attend to everyday activities, the Commonwealth Home Support Program can arrange for someone to help you while they are away.

What service are offered under the program?

NWRH- Your Aged Care Specialists

We can offer a range of services to eligible clients including:

  • Individual Social Support – help to complete errands in the community, attend appointments, visiting you at home or helping you individually to pursue an activity or hobby
  • Group Social Support – we run a range of social groups that cater to may interests, which allow you to remain active and connected to others
  • Transport – helps people get out and about when you can no longer drive and we have vehicles to transport wheelchairs
  • Domestic assistance – household jobs like cleaning, clothes washing and ironing and help preparing meals
  • Personal care – help with bathing or showering, dressing, hair care and going to the toilet
  • Home maintenance – minor general repair and care of your house or yard; for example, changing light bulbs or replacing tap washers, mowing
  • Food services – meals delivered to your home
  • Continence Advisor- provide individualised management plans, education and advice to individuals experiencing incontinence (loss of bladder or bowel function).
  • Allied Health support services – Access a variety of health professionals who can prevent, diagnose and treat a range of conditions, ailments and illnesses

How can I access services under the program?

Aboriginal Health Practitioner and ABPM Consultation at home visit

All service referrals must be done through My Aged Care by phoning 1800 200 422 or registering at

From there, the My Aged Care contact will register you, conduct a screening process over the phone (where possible) and then will take one of the following actions:

  • Refer you for a face to face home support assessment conducted by the My Aged Care Regional Assessment Service (RAS)
  • Refer you to the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) if higher needs are required
  • Provide information about non–Commonwealth funded services as appropriate

Should you require assistance with accessing My Aged Care, please contact your closest NWRH office through the contact details listed on our Contact Us page.

Fee Schedule

NWRH Service Fee and Client Contribution Schedules are available to all clients, or potential clients looking to access our services. Split into programs to assist with readability download your copy of the Commonwealth Home Support Program schedule below: