NWRH is a registered provider of services under the My Aged Care Commonwealth Home Support Program.
If you are an older person aged 65 years or over (and 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) who can mostly – but not completely – live and cope on your own and don’t yet need higher levels of support at home you may be eligible for this support.
As well as helping you, the Commonwealth Home Support Program can help your carer. If your carer needs to attend to everyday activities, the Commonwealth Home Support Program can arrange for someone to help you while they are away.
What service are offered under the program?
We can offer a range of services to eligible clients including:
- Social support – social activities in a community-based group setting
- Transport – helps people get out and about for shopping or appointments
- Domestic assistance – household jobs like cleaning, clothes washing and ironing
- Personal care – help with bathing or showering, dressing, hair care and going to the toilet
- Home maintenance – minor general repair and care of your house or yard; for example, changing light bulbs or replacing tap washers
- Home modification – minor installation of safety aids such as alarms, ramps and support rails in your home
- Food services – meals delivered to your home
- Continence Advisor- provide individualised management plans, education and advice to individuals experiencing incontinence (loss of bladder or bowel function).
- Allied Health support services – Access a variety of health professionals who can prevent, diagnose and treat a range of conditions, ailments and illnesses
How can I access services under the program?
All service referrals must be done through My Aged Care by phoning 1800 200 422 or registering at www.myagedcare.gov.au.
From there, the My Aged Care contact will register you, conduct a screening process over the phone (where possible) and then will take one of the following actions:
- Refer you for a face to face home support assessment conducted by the My Aged Care Regional Assessment Service (RAS)
- Refer you to the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) if higher needs are required
- Provide information about non–Commonwealth funded services as appropriate
Should you require assistance with accessing My Aged Care, please contact your closest NWRH office through the contact details listed on our Contact Us page.