NWRH is a registered provider of services under the My Aged Care Home Care Package Program.
If you want to stay in your own home as you get older, but need some help with things like cleaning and preparing meals or with transport so you can go shopping or attend appointments a Home Care Package may help you.
What is a Home Care package?
A Home Care Package provides a coordinated package of services tailored to meet your specific care needs to:
- Help you stay in your own home as you get older
- Give you choice and flexibility in the way your care and services are provided to you at home
What types of services are provided under the package?
The types of services you may receive will depend on your needs. We will work in partnership with you to identify your goals and needs.
The services that can be provided in a Home Care Package include, but are not limited to:
- Individual Social Support – help to complete errands in the community, attend appointments, visiting you at home or helping you individually to pursue an activity or hobby
- Group Social Support – we run a range of social groups that cater to may interests, which allow you to remain active and connected to others
- Transport – helps people get out and about when you can no longer drive and we have vehicles to transport wheelchairs
- Domestic assistance – household jobs like cleaning, clothes washing and ironing and help preparing meals
- Personal care – help with bathing or showering, dressing, hair care and going to the toilet
- Home maintenance – minor general repair and care of your house or yard; for example, changing light bulbs or replacing tap washers, mowing
- Food services – meals delivered to your home
- Continence Advisor- provide individualised management plans, education and advice to individuals experiencing incontinence (loss of bladder or bowel function).
- Allied Health support services – Access a variety of health professionals who can prevent, diagnose and treat a range of conditions, ailments and illnesses
- Care coordination and case management – linking your services together
How can I access the services under the program?
All service referrals must be processed through My Aged Care by phoning 1800 200 422 or registering at www.myagedcare.gov.au.
From there, the My Aged Care contact will register you and assess you for eligibility. If your care needs indicate you might need a Home Care Package, you will be referred to an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) to complete an assessment.
After the assessment an ACAT can approve you as eligible for either a low-level care (Level 1 or 2 package) or a high-level care (Level 3 or 4 package).
The ACAT will write to you to let you know the outcome of your assessment, the level of care you are eligible for and approved to receive, as well as an overview of that care. From here the next 4 steps you will be guided through include:
- Find a Home Care Package provider
- Work out the costs
- Accept a Home Care Package
- Begin your services
NWRH Service Fee and Client Contribution Schedules are available to all clients, or potential clients looking to access our services. Split into programs to assist with readability download your copy of the Home Care Packages schedule from the My Aged Care website under, find a provider.
The Home Care Packages Program Manual includes information about:
- the Home Care Packages Program and how it operates
- what’s included and excluded from Home Care Packages, to help you work with your provider to decide if a type of care or service is appropriate to meet your aged care needs
- how fees and charges are calculated.