A vibrant, not-for-profit organisation NWRH has evolved around a proud history spanning over 25 years. From a small incorporated association on commencement in 1993; to the present form as a large company that has grown in both size and scope.
Today NWRH are distinguished as a significant Commonwealth and State Government contracted primary health care organisation, servicing 40 communities across remote, rural and regional areas of Australia.
NWRH has a strong-track record in delivering quality services to the communities in which we work.
This is underpinned by:
- High degrees of flexibility and responsiveness, with staff permanently located in many of our regional and remote communities
- Firm connections with our communities based on solid ongoing relationships, and a genuine understanding of needs and cultural sensitivities
- A solutions-focused approach to addressing local needs and dedication to getting the best outcomes for our clients
- Commitment to employing staff locally, building skill and capability within indigenous communities
- Extensive experience in complex and difficult social environments impacted by geographic, cultural and political isolation
Values, Purpose, Role & Principles
At NWRH our people make a real difference as they:
- Ensure quality care with creative leadership
- Respect and recognise others
- Always deliver cultural and competent service
- Are accountable
Our purpose is to support healthier people in rural, remote and regional communities.
Our role is to deliver comprehensive, high-quality and cost-efficient packages of primary health care and support that enables healthy living in remote, rural and regional areas of Australia.
At NWRH, we believe that our best work is done when:
- People own their own health
- Communities control their own health services where possible
- Staff are employed locally, and assisted to build their skills and capabilities
- Flexibility and responsiveness is possible because staff live where they work