NWRH Normanton Wellbeing Centre
Our Lower Gulf office is based in Normanton located at 38 Dutton Street, Normanton.
Contact us in Normanton
Supporting You and Your Community
At NWRH, we aim to improve overall wellbeing within the Normanton community. Our team includes knowledgeable health professionals who understand the complex needs of geographically isolated communities. We offer a range of services throughout the region, including allied health, home and community supports and mental health and wellbeing services.
One of the challenges to living in Normanton is finding healthcare services which are appropriate to your needs. Our team will take the time to listen to your situation and find an option tailored to you. Whether you’re having mental health difficulties, struggling to get transport to medical appointments, or need assistance around the home, our workers are here to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you do not need a referral to access aged care services in Australia. You can visit the My Aged Care website to apply for an assessment to determine eligibility. You can then select a provider in your area, such as NWRH.
To be eligible for aged care in Australia, you must:
- Be 65 years of age or over
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a protected special category visa holder
- Need help with personal care and/or domestic tasks (i.e., showering, cooking & cleaning)
- Have a health assessment that confirms you need aged care
NDIS support coordinators help participants develop and implement their NDIS plan. They also provide advice, information and referrals to other services. This support is designed to help participants make the most of their plan and become more independent.
Qualified Staff, Reliable Care
Regardless of where you live, everyone deserves access to quality healthcare. That’s why our team at NWRH provide a wide range of health services throughout Normanton. Our team is made up of multidisciplinary health professionals who work together to improve your overall physical, mental and social wellbeing. We have strong community ties and are proud to support locals. Our services include:
- Allied healthcare: including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health practitioners
- Aged care: domestic help, personal care, transport, social support and more
- NDIS services: daily assistance, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and more
- Mental health services: psychologists and other mental health professionals
We also advise on how to get support through NDIS and My Aged Care. As registered providers with these schemes, NWRH is able to provide reduced-cost services for you and your family. From Karumba to Stokes and everywhere in between, we service the entire area of Normanton.